for this Holiday Season
is to raise $28,500
which will allow us to serve 19
more children in our fiscal year. That will be a 10% increase. Challenge met to date 92.9% = $26,494. Need $2,006 to meet 100% goal. With your help we can make a tangible difference in the lives of children by reaching our goal.
During this Holiday Season, you can make a difference in the life of a child by helping us raise money so we can continue our mission into year 2016.
In 2015, with your generous donations and support we:
- Served 191
children ‐ 40%
of those in care ‐ this past year. That was a 10%
increase over Fiscal Year 13/14;
- Trained 25
new volunteer advocates through funding from the Astle Alpaugh Family Foundation;
- Helped find “forever families” for 1/3
of the children served last year;
- Diversified our board to better reflect the ethnicity and demographics of the children we serve;
- Developed the “Traveling Tutor” program, providing in‐home tutors for kids who need academic support.
- Expanded our community partnerships;
- Refocused our strategic plan to lay the foundation to expand services to every child in care;
- Partnered with Leadership Somerset and Ortho Clinical of Somerset County to develop the “Give Every Child a Chance” (#GECC)
outreach campaign to raise awareness about the racial disproportionality and needs of foster kids;
- Consolidated offices, which resulted in both a monetary savings and increased staff collaboration.
Additional ways to donate:
We can not reach our 2016
goal of serving more children
without your help and support. You can make a difference now and with your continued support, someday we will be able to provide an advocate for every
child in foster care.
- Double your donation by applying for a matching gift from your employer;
- Consider making a gift of appreciable stock, Be sure to consult with your tax advisor.