Court Appointed Special Advocates of Somerset, Hunterdon, and Warren (CASA SHaW) is a non-profit, 501(c)3 organization committed to advocating for children living in foster care under the jurisdiction of the New Jersey Family Court. CASA SHaW recruits, screens, trains, and supervises community volunteer advocates who identify needed services, make best interest recommendations to the court, and ensure that assistance is made available to these children with the ultimate goal of moving them to safe, loving, and permanent homes. CASA SHaW is committed to advocating for these children both individually and through community outreach and education on the issues of child abuse and neglect.
We at CASA SHaW would like to extend our thanks to the Children's Hope Initiative for its recent grant of $5000 for a "Traveling Tutor" initiative and to J&J IT Services for its $5,000 Hero sponsorship. We would also like to thank the Astle Alpaugh Family Foundation for its grant of $5,725 for volunteer training. Let's keep up the good work and build on our successes moving forward!
How You Can Help
- Share the good work which CASA does with family and friends. Encourage their financial support.
- Visit www.givehunterdon.org to support other local non-profits
- Donate stock
- Submit your donation as a matching gift with your company
- Serve on our PR/Marketing committee and share your expertise on upcoming fundraising events
- Become a "CASA Crew" member and help with short-term projects
- Follow us on Twitter @CASA_SHaW
- Like us on Facebook and Twitter to learn about what we do and share it with your network
If you suspect a child is being abused or neglected please contact:
New Jersey Division of Youth and Family Services
1-877 NJ ABUSE (1-877-652-2873)